This is a quick, simple, and flavorful dinner with a prep and cook time of about 15 minutes. Serves two.
Carbs per serving: 5.2 net carbs. Nutrition info at bottom.
- One medium green or red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 2 links or 8 ounces of fresh chorizo
- 2 ounces grated cheese (Mozarella, cheddar)
- 3 Tbsp fresh salsa
- 2 Tbsp full fat sour cream
- 1 cup black soy beans
- 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper,1/2 tsp Ancho chili powder. (Adjust spices to taste). *
- 1 Tbsp green onions
*items not included in carb count because they have negligible or zero carbs
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and poke holes in the bottom of them for drainage.
Stuff the peppers with the fresh Chorizo sausage (remove from skins if in links).
Cook in microwave on high about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the black soy beans . Cook on medium until hot.
When peppers and meat are done in the microwave, remove from microwave . Spoon and reserve the fat and juices that have collected in the pan. Then sprinkle about one ounce grated cheese over the meat. Return to the microwave and cook about another minute until cheese is melted.
Drain the beans. Add the s;pices. Add the fat from the pepper pan. Stir.
- Put a layer of lettuce on each plate.
- Follow with a circle of the black soy beans mixture
- Place the pepper/meat combo in the middle of each plate
- Top with salsa, sour cream, and green onions.
Options and Variations
(not included in carb count)
- Add sliced avocado or guacamole on the side.
- With a fried egg, this also makes a great brunch.