Net carbs 1.3 per serving (sausage gravy only). Prep and cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes. This recipe makes 2 servings. (Our breakfast included one biscuit, half of the gravy mix, one egg each, and 2 Tbs salsa).
This is a two parter: Start by making a batch of keto soul biscuits. Ideally, you’d make a batch over the weekend, and keep them refrigerated and ready to use throughout the week.
Then whip up the sausage and gravy mix, maybe cook up an egg on the side.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage, crumbled
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet, then add crumbled bits of sausage on medium high heat.
- When sausage starts to brown and bits of it start sticking to the pan, turn down heat and deglaze the pan with water, a couple of table spoons at a time. Continue adding just enough water as necessary to keep pan smoothly deglazerd. Cook until sausage is completely done (not pink), about 8 minutes depending on size of sausage bits.
- Slowly add cream, about 3/4 cup. Add about 1/4 cup of water.
- In a small bowl or glass, mix 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum with 2 tablespoons cold water and stir until it forms a gel. (There may be lumps; just do your best).
- Add the gum gel to to gravy and stir in. Stir on low heat and give it a minute to coalesce, then adjust amounts of cream and water to taste and preference for thickness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave biscuits til they are warm, then pour gravy over them and serve with an egg on the side.